We are writing concerning the government’s announcement and response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 situation.
This is a global issue and we appreciate the government’s effort in dealing with the situation.
As a community-based preventative health education charity, we stand ready to provide the needed support and
education to the general public. COVID-19 as any other viral infection is spread by person-to-person, when they come
in close contact with an infected person normally six (6) feet; PREVENTION IS KEY.
Elijeko Foundation encourages the general public to remain calm and adhere to guidelines from Ghana Health Services.
PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE.
Let’s protect ourselves by following these steps:
– Clean your hands often by washing with soap and water.
– If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
– Use proper coughing techniques (Coughing into the elbow or your clothes) especially in public or crowded
places like in trotro, VIP buses, market areas, taxis, etc.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. STOP biting your fingernails.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick, especially those with flu-like symptoms.
– Seek medical care if you feel sick especially if you are experiencing fever, shortness of breath and cough
– If possible, delay all travels to countries that currently have high COVID-19 cases. If you must travel, please
follow all preventive guidelines above.
Please call 0322497813 or 0546410340 if you have any question(s) on the above guidelines.
Download our release: Our Press Release